Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I love baking when I'm on my period.


Instead of hurting people and being destructive with my menstrual-induced rage, 
I chose to make blondies. These were so good, I didn't even get to take a bunch of pictures. Soooooooo good.


Dirty Blondes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
8 tbsp butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For dirty mix-in ideas:
1 cup of crushed up candy bars
(or leftover Valentine Dove pieces!)
1/2 cup of pecans

Preheat Oven: 350 degrees; Lightly grease, 8x8 pan or glass pie plate for a pie-like version.

Prepare Batter: Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add brown sugar. Stir. Add egg, vanilla and salt. Beat until well blended. Fold in flour. Mix together until smooth. 

Add Mix-ins: Dirty 'em up how you want 'em.

Fill Pan: Fill greased pan with batter goodness.

Bake: Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven and pan size.

Devour. Make excuses to boyfriend about how he might not like these...dollop cold vanilla ice cream on warmish blondies and remember that food isn't real love and people are more important. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh. my. those sound SO good. i might have to whip up a batch of those with all my local ingredients... minus the chocolate chips, of course. ;) those are from some girl in the states. ;)

-c