Saturday, September 8, 2012

Big Sur, Love and New Beginnings

Went to Big Sur last weekend with Stephen for the day and it was amazing. I can't believe I can drive it in under an hour and a half from where I'm staying. (and by ME, I mean Stephen, because I am way too chicken to attempt the winding curves and cliffs with minimal side railings...)

Amazing conversations. Gorgeous overlooks across the sea. Hand holding like we were in junior high. Dinner on the cliffs. Cold, green grass underfoot. Quiet and more quiet. A sky full of clouds.


I don't think I'll ever forget it. If we ever get married, I would love for it to be here. The west coast is really starting to feel like home—more than I ever thought was possible. 


“The more ups and downs, the more joy I feel. The greater the fear, the greater the happiness I feel.” 
― Jack Kerouac, Big Sur



No comments: