I started a cleanse yesterday and decided that blogging about it might help me forget about solid food. I will be adding to this in the next two days to update my results.
CLEANSE DAY ONE:
After eating a bite of lunch meat for breakfast, I decide to stop and reassess my life. I start the cleanse a day early.
Morning Tea— Nice tea time. I feel relaxed.
Breakfast Shake—Yum. This is no sweat. Tasted great, looked appetizing. Nice and filling.
Lunch Shake—Nasty. Not a Winner. Decided to alter the recipe a bit and add almond milk to the dinner shake and coconut water to the lunch shake. Additionally, I will eat the celery alone.
SCORE: Found a sun chip on the floor that fell out of Stephen's lunchbox. Dr. Oz doesn't see me.
Snack Shake—We are allowed to choose any one of our favorite shakes. No brainer, Chose the breakfast shake. Yum. Licked almond butter off the spoon.
Breakthrough—1 pm: Bathroom Break to end all bathroom breaks. Thanks, Dr. Oz.
Dinner—Um, a bit spicy for my taste. Added half the cayenne pepper. Almond milk worked fine. Watching Stephen eat the grilled fish, wild rice and glazed carrots I made him for dinner almost made me cry. Took a bite of his carrots and rice. Drooled on myself as he nibbled on a piece of moist carrot cake. Accidentally brushed my pinky along the side of his cake slice when I served it and savored my icing grazed pinky for 3 minutes. I, a little bit, want to punch Dr. Oz in the face... and sort of want to frown at my perfectly proportioned and fit future sister-in-law for suggesting this cleanse.
The epson salt bath calms me down...I dropped eucalyptus drops instead of lavender. (I have bad associations with the old lady at church I knew growing up and her cruddy lavender perfume. I also remember having lavender bathroom spray at my Mom's house that never masked the stinkiness of your business but, just made your poo smell like it was wrapped in lavender. But, I digress...)
Went to bed with some mild tummy cramping?
| The questionable lunch shake that doesn't need celery! |
CLEANSE DAY TWO:
Morning Tea— Nice tea time. I feel relaxed.
Lost a pound and had a good nights sleep.
Breakfast Shake—Yum. Favorite shake of the day. Added cinnamon to boost metabolism.
Lunch Shake—Peeled most of the veggies and fruits. Kept with the altered version and added some of the natural juice of pineapple to sweeten it. Ate the celery on the side with paprika. Treated it like an exotic meal. Much, much better experience. Desireable even.
Snack Shake—Breakfast Shake minus the banana. Pretty yummy.
Dinner—Making BBQ Chicken Breast and Basil Quinoa with roasted peppers for Stephen. Not excited about drinking a shake instead of food even though I feel okay. Boo.
*Update: Had to steal a bite of the Quinoa to see if it was cooked or not. It was. Had to take another bite, just in case the seasonings were off. It wasn't, it tasted divine...God help me from wanting another bite. I wonder how that chicken is doing? Nom, nom...
A few tablespoons of cheating later...So damn hungry. I miss food. Bath? Gassy and Grumpy.
*Update II: Tummy troubles. again.
CLEANSE DAY THREE:
Lunch Shake—This is getting old.
Dinner—I know I'm in the home stretch but, I broke down and ate some spinach and bread and had some frozen yogurt. Judge away...I think I'm cleansed enough.
2.5 lbs lost.
Feeling cleaner than before...
Finished.
*Update: Had to steal a bite of the Quinoa to see if it was cooked or not. It was. Had to take another bite, just in case the seasonings were off. It wasn't, it tasted divine...God help me from wanting another bite. I wonder how that chicken is doing? Nom, nom...
A few tablespoons of cheating later...So damn hungry. I miss food. Bath? Gassy and Grumpy.
*Update II: Tummy troubles. again.
CLEANSE DAY THREE:
Morning Tea— I could start doing this everyday. It makes me feel calm. (added a drop of honey)
Lost another pound and a half and had a pretty good nights sleep. But, had tummy troubles the night before. That's 2.5 lbs in two days. Probably lost half of that going to the bathroom...lol.
Breakfast Shake—I like the shake in the morning. I think I might continue with this even after the fast. It's not too heavy but, it keeps me full until lunch and I feel so hydrated. Doing liquids all day.
Lunch Shake—This is getting old.
Dinner—I know I'm in the home stretch but, I broke down and ate some spinach and bread and had some frozen yogurt. Judge away...I think I'm cleansed enough.
2.5 lbs lost.
Feeling cleaner than before...
Finished.

No comments:
Post a Comment