Friday, March 22, 2013

Soul Cleanse

A lot of my closest friends are Moms and just don't have the time to be self indulgent and write a blog about the shakes they drink or the way they feel everyday. I imagine this little narcissistic perk is my conciliation prize for not experiencing the joys of motherhood. I get, instead, the joys of introspection and self actualization. 

So after this Dr. Oz cleanse, I realized I hadn't had a day to myself in a long time where I did all of my favorite things. I used to try to incorporate these things into my week a lot, but somehow with the pressures of life, I've let myself and my own happiness go. 


So today I am:

Dancing naked in the mirror to 3 of my favorite songs.
I am washing all my blankies so they are fresh and snuggly for the weekend.
I am enjoying sushi for lunch after a nice walk to this local Japanese spot. 
I am doing some internet research that other people find boring.
I am giving myself a mani/pedi and exfoliating my elbows. 
I am meditating on all of my ideas and what I'll make during my next creative spurt. 
I am giving myself permission to lose control of people and things that I can't change.

:::exhale:::

No comments: