Monday, February 16, 2015

Whole 30-Week 1/Day 1

I don't even use this blog anymore, but keeping a diary of our healthy eating process was helpful before, so I'll continue the tradition here. We've been eating Whole/Real foods for 6 weeks and have lost about 6lbs each. We haven't been working out as much as we should and still have been relying on natural sweeteners though, so, we decided to jump start our diet with the Whole 30 program. It sounds gimmicky and I heard about it last year, but when my best friend said she was starting it ,and looked like she needed support, Steve and I thought we'd at least attempt it for the detoxing purposes before we go back to our original plan.

Here's what our prepping looks like for lunches this week... Oy. Good luck to us all...

  • Nitrate free, sugar free lunch meat by Applegate on spinach salads (I'm doing salmon on mine)
  • Balsamic sauce on Chicken veggie bowls
  • Baked, preservative free sweet potato chips
  • Pumpkin seeds and raw, sulphur free trail mix
  • A few Lara bars for an incentive now and again
  • Whole fruit

No comments: