Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Bored. Day 17

Munched on trail mix all day from stress. (Snacking in between meals is very UN-Whole 30, but whatever) Did rotisserie chicken for dinner, because I couldn't be bothered to cook. *sigh* Bored and miss things like muffins and cream sauce. But, not out of my mind tempted. Getting tired of blogging my meals like they are the last ones I'll ever eat. It feels too bourgeoisie.  Not my best day. We walked to the grocery store tonight to get snacks for Stephen's class tomorrow...(no junk food...kids will be getting naked popcorn, cuties and raisins with juice boxes for their screening of Romeo and Juliet...) On our way back we smelled pizza coming from the pizzeria next door. We both looked at each other kind of wistfully. I don't really miss pizza all that much, but I miss going out and sitting on the deck and ordering a beer and having something that's not salad. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true re. missing certain foods maybe not for the taste, even, but for the experience - and for them not being salads!!!

And is that spinach and red peppers in your mashed potatoes? Those look amazing!! My mashed potatoes are usually so mediocre. What did you do to make them without milk or cream and such?

-C

Little Nova said...

I used ghee and coconut cream and chicken stock. Pretty decent. I run through veggies so it equals only 1/2 a potato a person like colcannon.